UK Housing Trusts - Paying the rent

Most housing Associations have online methods for collecting the rent., however a number still rely on the traditional rent book system.

Can I rent out my property and collect the rent and then pay the HA?

Some HAs allow a tenant to do this. Is is called subl letting. When subletting there are many things to take in account .

1.How much you will rent the property out for. Do you know local rental rates.

2. The rent rate is the average a property will be rented out locally, try and stay close to the average.

3. If the rent is set too high it will take a longer time to find a tenant or a family to rent the property

4. Ensure that all of your bills are up to date and you can switch the utlity bills into the name of the new tenant. Remember insurance and how that it paid and kept up to date

5. Contracts: Commonly used is a short hold tenancy agreement, they can be bought online for less than £10 or WHSmiths do one. This article is worth a read. and will help you get it right!

When choosing a tenant it is important to do a credit check. Best to check this out with your local HA office


UK Housing Trusts - What they do best

"Working with our residents and communities we offer a range of housing, property management, regeneration, community and support services."

Waiting lists are a part of Housing Trust life and being on a list is no guarantee of accomadation in the near future.
Once you apply, you'll be put on a waiting list and that could be it. Housing associations normally offer housing to people most suited to that particular property. You may have to wait a long time for a suitable property to become available. see Help and advice getting on the waiting lists.

Now sponsored by Living Water.